Hi, I'm Anna Lu,
a passionate Stop-motion animator located in Berlin,
who loves to design and build miniature worlds, but also concept all kinds of mixed media formates that combine analogue and digital visuals.
Anna Luisa Schmid, born 1990 in Berlin, grew up as a child of an actor in the world
of the film.
At the age of six she began to work as a voice actress in Berlin and collected
first experiences in stop-motion workshops as a teenager.
After graduating from high school in Berlin, she completed an internship at a
Stop-motion production of the clay animation film “The Hopper” and was a member of
Berlinale Tagesspiegel readers' jury.
She also gained experience as an actress on stage with several
Productions by the Ensemble “Das Durchgedrehte Drama”.
In 2011 she began studying animation at the Babelsberg Film University and
in 2014, alongside her studies, she took over the artistic direction of music video production
“Cherry Oh” for Seeed, directed by Jan Koester of Talking Animals.
In 2017 he was artistic director for the student stop-motion short film “The last
Gardener ”directed by Johannes Dreibach.
In 2019 she finished her studies with the graduation film “Innendrin - on the Inside” (release 2021), which was awarded as "best animation" by Toronto international women film festival (TIFF).
Anna Luisa Schmid has been working since 2020 as a freelance animation artist in Berlin under the name “Animationsschmide” and produces music videos and animations.
- March 2020 Stop-Motion-Workshop for school kids for the Filmreif! - Bundesfestival junger Film in St.Ingbert.
- 2021 production and release of the musicvideo “Circles” for Ok Pacific Band
- August 2021 Costume design for the theater production “Staatenlos - Meuterei in der Mitte” for theater collective WHEELS e.V.
- January 2022 Animation assistant for the play "History of an hour" at Ballhaus Ost Berlin, directed by Marie Schleef
- April 2022 Costume and make-up artist for the documentary "The true story of Lady Gaga" by ZDFinfo and Storyhouse
- June 2022 Exhibition of analogue artwork at KAOS Berlin
- July 2022 stage design and visuals for the live performance "Aquawald" at "Mit Dir Festival"
- August 2022 Costume and make-up artist for the documentary "The true story of Kim Kardashian" by ZDFinfo and Storyhouse
- November 2022 Costume and make-up artist for the documentary "The true story of Elon Musk" by ZDFinfo and Storyhouse
- December 2022 Visuals & interactive Poster for the immersive theater project "Asozialisationsprogramm" by Caroline Wirth, Theaterakademie August Everding, Munich
- January 2023 joined Filmmakers For Future to develope an climate activist AR-campagne together with Museums For Future
- February/March 2023 Visuals for the theater play "Staub der Prärie" at Gerhart Hauptmann-Theater Görlitz-Zittau, Director: Lisa Pauline Wagner
I'm always looking for new and exciting opportunities. Let's connect.